Tennessee State University
2014 Spring Service Learning Day
Tennessee State University (TSU) has a long and rich history steeped in service. On April 26, 2014 TSU will continue to uphold its historic tradition through hosting the 2014 Spring Service Learning Day.
The focus of this semester's Service Learning Day is the Environment. The theme of the day is “Spring into Loving the Environment!” During this event, students and faculty alike will enjoy showing their appreciation for the environment through Service Learning. Students will begin their day of service at 8:45 a.m. Participants will leave form TSU and venture into the Nashville community to make flower beds, beautify schools, landscaping, etc. The Service Learning Projects will last until noon.
Following the projects, participants will return to the University and savor a great lunch catered by Jason’s Deli. After lunch students will take joy in celebrating their contributions to the environment by having a pool party in the Gentry Center Pool…Who knew that Service Learning could be such fun at BIG BLUE!
Welcome, TSU Students!
Hands On Nashville is excited to partner with Tennessee State University to provide service learning opportunities for students enrolled in the Service to Leadership course.
Questions? Contact TSU Service Learning Manager Marc Anthony Peek at firstname.lastname@example.org, (615) 498-5124, or in person at the Center for Service Learning and Civic Engagement in Holland Hall Suite 306.
DO NOT JUST SHOW UP FOR PROJECTS. FOR YOUR HOURS TO BE COUNTED, YOU MUST REGISTER FOR ALL PROJECTS THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
Tips for creating a new account:
• Your password must be at least 8 characters.
• The email address you enter will be your username to login in the future.
• Did you receive a message that your email address is already in use? Click on the green LOGIN button at the top right of the website, and enter your email address. If you do not know the password for your account, then click "Forgot Password." Reset instructions will be emailed to you.
1. If you do not have a username and password:
• Click on "Become a Member" - the right tab in the horizontal blue menu above.
• Select the green "Create an Account" button. Complete the registration form.
• Please type TSU Student into the Employer field in the form.
• Once you click "Submit" you will be automatically logged into your account. You can use the My Account tab to manage your personal information, view and manage the volunteer opportunities, view your hours, and more.
2. To view TSU-only projects:
• Enter the invitation code for TSU in the box below. (The code is TSU.)
• Click Refine. This will pull up all TSU-only volunteer opportunities.
• To sign up for a project, click the name of it, and then select Sign Up. You will receive an email with information you will need to participate, including directions.
3. If the TSU-only projects do not fit your scheduling needs:
• From HON.org
, click the calendar icon on the right.
• Browse projects. When you find something you like, click the link to see more.
• To register, click on Sign Up at the bottom of the description. You will receive an email with the information you will need to participate, including directions.