BE THE GREATER GOOD. JOIN AMERICORPS.
AmeriCorps is a way for Americans of all ages and backgrounds to dedicate their time and skills to get things done. So, how does AmeriCorps get things done? Approximately 75,000 Americans across the country join AmeriCorps programs each year and all of them are tackling different problems in different ways.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program engages civic-minded individuals in yearlong terms of public service. AmeriCorps members are part of a 23-person cohort that receives skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between HON and participating AmeriCorps Program agencies.
To learn more about the HON AmeriCorps Program, contact program manager Nicki Avila at (615) 298-1108 ext. 407, or email email@example.com.
HON AmeriCorps 2020-21 Applications Open Now!
AmeriCorps Program Dates: Aug 17, 2020 - July 31, 2021
Partner Agencies & Service Opportunities:
- Disaster Relief - Tornado and COVID Coordinator: The Disaster Relief Coordinator aids in long-term case management for residents in North and East Nashville and the Greater Nashville area. Learn more | Apply
- Emergency Response Coordinator: The Emergency Response Coordinator guides disaster response planning, building Community Resource Center’s capacity to manage their supply chain during disaster relief efforts. Learn more | Apply
- Clean Streams Coordinator: The Clean Streams Coordinator provides capacity-building services to create and expand education, stream stewardship, and green infrastructure programs for Cumberland River Compact. Learn more | Apply
- Environmental Education Coordinator: The Environmental Education Coordinator makes an impact on the community and the lives of youth with the Cumberland River Compact’s environmental education programs. Learn more | Apply
- Urban Forestry Coordinator: The Urban Forestry Coordinator’s leadership in neighborhood outreach, education, and tree maintenance helps Root Nashville reach the goal of planting 500,000 trees in Davidson County by 2050. Learn more | Apply
- Community Outreach and Engagement Coordinator: The Community Outreach and Engagement Coordinator makes a lasting environmental impact by broadening engagement in urban and rural communities for the Cumberland River Compact. Learn more | Apply
- Volunteer Project Leader, AmeriCorps (2): The Volunteer Project Leader engages corporate partners in volunteer opportunities benefiting community organizations. Learn more | Apply
- Community Partner Engagement Leader: The Community Partner Engagement Leader enhances the capacity of Hands On Nashville’s Community Partner Program, which delivers high-quality volunteer recruitment support to partnering agencies. Learn more | Apply
- Digital Strategy Leader: The Digital Strategy Leader drives digital engagement by using analytics and digital marketing tools to optimize and shape Hand On Nashville’s content across its digital communications platforms. Learn more | Apply
- Disaster Response Leader: The Disaster Response Leader guides disaster response planning, building Hands On Nashville’s capacity to manage volunteers during disaster relief efforts. Learn more | Apply
- Volunteer Restoration and Citizen Science Project Coordinator: The Volunteer Restoration and Citizen Science Project Coordinator leads area residents to restore their waterways with Harpeth Conservancy. Learn more | Apply
- Environmental Outreach and Communication Coordinator: The Environmental Outreach and Communication Coordinator engages community members in sustainability efforts with Harpeth Conservancy. Learn more | Apply
- Garden Programs Coordinator: The Garden Program Coordinator supports the work of cultivating community and growing food in garden spaces to support The Nashville Food Project’s mission. Learn more | Apply
- Urban Tree Educational Outreach Coordinator: The Urban Tree Education Coordinator leads programming for the public and sixth-grade students on the Emerald Ash Borer, an invasive beetle, and its impact on native species of Ash in Middle Tennessee. Learn more | Apply
- Community Trees Outreach Coordinator: The Community Trees Outreach Coordinator coordinates outreach efforts for a tree planting, engagement, and maintenance program for Nashville neighborhoods with low tree canopy. Learn more | Apply
- Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader: The Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader strengthens the volunteer program at Turnip Green Creative Reuse while fostering creativity and sustainability through reuse. Learn more | Apply
- Community Education Coordinator: The Community Education Coordinator increases community outreach, involvement, and partnership building for Turnip Green Creative Reuse. Learn more | Apply
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee and The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund. AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service, the federal agency for volunteering, service, and civic engagement. CNCS engages millions of Americans in citizen service through its AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs and leads the nation's volunteer and service efforts. For more information, visit NationalService.gov.