Hands On Nashville’s Home Energy Savings Program
engages volunteers in improving the energy efficiency, comfort, and safety of homes owned by Nashvillians living on a low-income – at no charge to the homeowner!
What to expect at an HES Project:
As a volunteer, you’ll improve the energy-efficiency, comfort and safety of the home by completing projects, including:
· Installing attic & basement insulation
· Weatherstripping doors and windows
· Installing LED light-bulbs
· Installing low-flow shower heads
· A variety of upgrades to improve the home’s efficiency, comfort and safety.
No Experience Needed! Our enthusiastic and skilled team will guide you along the way.
What to wear and bring:
· Please wear comfortable work clothes and closed-toe shoes.
· Lunch, water, and snacks will be provided.
Helping a Neighbor:
Your volunteerism will help reduce the utility burden for homeowners, who on average experience $390 in savings each year as a result of a HES project. Plus, you’ll gain tips for making upgrades in your own home and leave empowered to maintain an energy efficient home for years to come!