Prerequisite Opportunity: Urban Farm: Preparation & Maintenance
Environment, Hunger & Homelessness
Age Minimum (with Adult) - 6, Minimum Age - 11+, Skill Category - N/A
Urban Farm: Preparation & MaintenanceJoin us as we care for the Hands On Nashville Urban Farm, a 5-acre teaching and learning hub for volunteers, students, and community partners!
Whether you're curious about gardening, or an expert green thumb, this Urban Agriculture project is for you! As a volunteer, you will help:
- Sow and harvest plants as needed
- Water and weed existing garden rows
- Prepare garden beds for planting
- And more!
No experience necessary (but if you've got it, we'll certainly put it to use!)
What to Bring/Wear:
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes like old sneakers or boots are required
- Be sure to wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Water will be provided, but please bring your own water bottle in efforts to reduce the amount of waste we generate on the farm
About the Urban Farm:
The Farm serves as a vibrant resource for volunteers to grow gardening skills, learn about healthy eating choices and gain an understanding of food access in our community. Learn more.