Here's how to apply to be a HON AmeriCorps Program member
Do you believe you can make a difference for our community by dedicating a year to service? We do too! Join the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program to get things done for Nashville, while growing your nonprofit skills. Here's how to apply:
1. Check to see if you’re eligible.
- Are you 18 years old or older?
- Do you hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status)
If you answered yes to both, you are eligible!
2. Do you agree to the AmeriCorps terms?
- AmeriCorps members in this program serve 37.5 hours a week for 12 months and must complete 1700 hours in order to receive the full education award.
- The service year begins on August 16, 2021, and ends July 29, 2022. Are you able to commit this amount of time in Nashville to your service assignment? If so, you should apply!
- AmeriCorps program positions are unpaid, but they do offer a living stipend of $17,500, paid in bi-weekly increments, to help offset your expenses.
Will you commit to serving full time in Nashville throughout the program year? If so, you should apply!
3. Identify which positions you are interested in! (Yes, you can apply for more than one!)
- You’ll need to know the title of the position(s) and the host organization(s) when you complete the application. Here's the full list of 2021-2022 service positions, grouped by host organization. Each blurb links to a fuller description so you can get a better picture of what that position entails!
4. Fill out the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps application here! We will use this application as our primary way to get to know you and your skills.
- If you are offered an interview with a host site, you will need to create an applicant profile at my.ameriCorps.gov and connect your application to the selected position. Filter for positions in Nashville TN to find the positions you are interested in on the government’s official AmeriCorps website. Completing this section now can prevent any delays in the interview process.
5. That’s it! Please allow us 3-4 days to process your application. We will let you know if you are selected for an interview. Good luck!