Age Minimum (with Adult): 4+, Minimum Age:16+
Seasonal Garden Prep (Saturday)
Community is an important part of the BELL Garden! Join us as we prepare the garden for the current growing season. The garden serves as teaching and learning lab for volunteers, students of Bellevue Middle Prep, and our community!
The garden runs on volunteer power, no experience is necessary. Feel free to come just to learn more about gardening or share your experience.
Children under 12! If a parent or group will have children under the age of 12, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the ages in advance so we can plan activities that age group will enjoy. Children accompanying parents do not need to sign up for a spot on Hands on Nashville.
Youth! If a group leader is signing up a group of youth under age 18, please email email@example.com before signing up. Thank you!
As a volunteer, you will help:
- Sow and harvest plants as needed
- Water and weed existing garden rows
- Prepare garden beds for planting
- Work in our greenhouse
- Tend our chicken flock
- Canning/ Preserving
To prepare for volunteering:
- Please wear closed toed shoes/boots and clothes you don't mind getting dirty.
- We will also have all the tools you need.
- We have a climate controlled classroom for breaks.
- We do not cancel due to rain. Bring a rain coat. Sometimes we have indoor activities.
- We do not cancel due to cold weather. The exception is snow or ice. Be safe!
- Most of the garden is in full sun. Consider bringing a sunhat or visor.
- Most importantly: bring a water bottle, hydration is vital! We have a refrigerator to keep drinks cold.
- There is not a restroom at the garden. The Bellevue library opens at 10 and is a short walk away. The Red Caboose Park across the street has restrooms.
About the BELL Garden:
The garden serves as a learning space for students, volunteers, and the community to grow food; learn about healthy eating choices; and
gain an understanding of food access in our community. Volunteers can take the harvest home.
BELL Garden is located behind Bellevue Middle School on the back right corner adjacent to the field. Look for the garden mural on the portable building. The one way sign is intended for car rider drop off and pick-up on school days.
Hands On Nashville, our community partners, and dedicated volunteers like you are working to meet urgent needs while heeding the most up-to-date local, state, and federal health guidelines regarding slowing the spread of COVID-19. Here are the measures HON has put in place:
• Volunteer project groups are capped at 10 people. For this reason, it’s crucial that volunteers who sign up to attend actually do so.
• Volunteers who feel unwell or who have been exposed to someone who is sick should not attend projects.
• Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended safety precautions. These include maintaining distances between yourself and other people, practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces, wearing gloves and other protective gear, etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project for any reason, please log in to your hon.org account and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: