Seasonal Garden Prep (Saturday)
Community is an important part of the BELL Garden! Join us as we prepare the garden for the current growing season. The garden serves as teaching and learning lab for volunteers, students of Bellevue Middle Prep, and our community!
Volunteers will be focusing on outdoor activities at this time. Rain protection is suggested if rain is in the forecast.
The garden runs on volunteer power, no experience is necessary. Feel free to come just to learn more about gardening or share your experience.
Children under 12! If a parent or group will have children under the age of 12, please contact the opportunity leader below and let us know the ages in advance so we can plan activities that age group will enjoy. Children accompanying parents do not need to sign up for a spot.
Youth! If a group leader is signing up a group of youth under age 18, please contact the opportunity leader below before signing up. Thank you!
As a volunteer, you will help:
- Sow and harvest plants as needed
- Water and weed existing garden rows
- Prepare garden beds for planting
- Work in our greenhouse
- Tend our chicken flock
- Canning/ Preserving
To prepare for volunteering:
- Please wear closed toed shoes/boots and clothes you don't mind getting dirty.
- We will also have all the tools you need.
- We have a climate controlled classroom for breaks.
- We do not cancel due to cold weather. The exception is snow or ice. Be safe!
- Most of the garden is in full sun. Consider bringing a sunhat or visor.
- Most importantly: bring a water bottle, hydration is vital! We have a refrigerator to keep drinks cold.
About the BELL Garden:
The garden serves as a learning space for students, volunteers, and the community to grow food; learn about healthy eating choices; and gain an understanding of food access in our community. Volunteers can take the harvest home.
As Nashville continues to reopen, Hands On Nashville hopes you will come out and volunteer with one of our terrific partner organizations. Please note any projects, gathering limits, and safety protocols put in place are at the discretion of our partner organizations.
- Please see Mayor John Cooper’s Road for Reopening Nashville here.
- Please see current CDC COVID recommendation here.
We have asked our partners to update their posting language to reflect their current COVID guidelines. If you have any questions in general, or you don’t see details, you can reach out to the opportunity coordinator via the link next to their name below.
With that being said, we acknowledge that everyone has their own comfort level with regards to being out in the world with respect to the current pandemic. If you go to a project, and feel unsafe, please speak to on-site representative and let HON know – your feedback is invaluable, and we work to keep everyone safe while meeting urgent needs in the community.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 8+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: