Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
A Pinch of Time, A Dash of Love: Sharing Care, Stories, & Compassion
Encompass Hospice of Nashville offers ongoing opportunities to help others live their best lives even at the end of life. Be it helping organize elements of care behind the scenes, or spending time with a patient and members of their community of care, Encompass Hospice welcomes all those who want to join with us in providing a Better Way to Care. Supporting patients and those around them with your presence and compassion often makes a tremendous, positive, difference. Your time can allow a caregiver to take a break; can help assure a patient remains safe; or allows for all to share some healing laughter and love, some quiet companionship and care, in the midst of unpredictable times.
Helping with Patient Support:
- Offer Trustworthy Care: As much as a caregiver or loved one might need a few moments to go to the store, or get some rest, or just decompress for a bit, not just anyone will do! In-home volunteers allow family members and caregivers to recharge their own batteries, knowing that someone—a someone like you!—is there to make sure their loved one remains safe.
- Provide Comfort for Those Who Grieve: Have you journeyed through loss, feeling unsure if anyone has ever felt the same? Have you experienced the healing power of an open set of ears in times of hurt, and want to offer the same to someone who's grieving now? As a Bereavement Volunteer, you can. Encompass Hospice provides additional training for people called to offer this great gift, to assure you can help in proportion to your caring heart.
- Capture a Memory, Re-Create a Life: That hobby or pastime you enjoy--scrapbooking; taking photos; recording stories, and on and on--can help a person see the significance of their life, and sometimes even allow folks to continue to share the most important parts of themselves in ways they never imagined. Contact us to see how your passion, your craft, your hidden talent, might be used to preserve the great gifts, and memories, of those approaching the end of life.
To help Encompass Hospice help others in these ways, please click "Express Interest" below. Our volunteer coordinator will contact you to arrange a time to discuss how your "hospice heart" and talents might be best used to help support our patients and their communities of care.
At Encompass Hospice, we strive to meet people where they are, tend to their hopes & hurts, and provide support as they move to the end of life's journey.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: