Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Use your foreign language skills to translate for Nashville CARES clients. For anyone living with, or at risk for, HIV/AIDS, Nashville CARES is the premier HIV/AIDS agency in the region. We provide comprehensive education, a broad range of targeted services and effective advocacy, all in a highly personal, confidential and compassionate manner.
Translating for clients who are HIV + will help them not only better understand the services and resources we provide at CARES, but assist them in navigating their community as well. Volunteers will assist with any of the following tasks: translating medical documents, translating pamphlets or brochures, assisting non-English speaking clients with transportation, translating for clients at doctor's offices or other errands.
- Specifically needed: Spanish, French and Arabic interpreters.
- Must be a native speaker, or someone with a very advanced understanding of the language and the cultural background as well.
- Must fill out an application, be interviewed, attend an orientation, and submit a background check.
- Will be matched with a Case Manager to talk about current needs. Needs could be translating documents or assisting with translating for clients at medical appointments or errands.
- Can have a flexible schedule: much of this volunteer work can be done on the evenings or weekends, but some daytime availability is helpful as well.
Click Express Interest to receive more information about how to sign-up for this opportunity.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: