Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
The Next Door Child Care Volunteer
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based services for women and their families impacted by addiction, mental illness, trauma and/or incarceration with Christ-centered compassionate care. By volunteering as a child care volunteer you are participating in the healing process of our clients and their families. Everything we do is accomplished in the stream of our Core Values: Encouragement, Faith, Hope, Wholeness, Respect, and Community.
Provide child care while the tenants in our Freedom Recovery Community are attending required group meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 5:45 pm – 7:45 pm.
- Complete The Next Door’s Volunteer process including Orientation and special child care training.
- Participate in all annual trainings as required by The Next Door’s licensure
- Volunteers who come four or more times per month provide The Next Door with an annual TB test as required by licensure.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with children birth to 12 years of age is preferred.
- Must be able to commit to a volunteer shift at least twice a month on a regular basis for a minimum of 6 month. Volunteer shifts are from 5:45 pm- 7:45 pm on Tuesday and or Wednesday evenings.
- Provide child care for children of FRC tenants while the mothers are attending groups. Children will be split in groups by age (0-4 year olds, 5-12 years old, and 13-17 years old).
- Reports to FRC Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator
- Plan age-appropriate play and learning activities and help with homework as needed.
- Be positive role models for the children and their mothers.
- Build appropriate, positive and supportive relationship with mothers to encourage their parenting efforts.
- Report to volunteer at the designated time to enable mothers to get to their meetings on time.
- Use age-appropriate methods for re-directing children’s inappropriate behavior and language.
- Report any concerns regarding children’s behavior, health or other issues to FRC staff or the volunteer coordinator.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: