Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
ESL Teacher - Begin Anew Woodbine
Due to COVID-19 we have on-line teaching and tutoring opportunities at this time, we are looking for volunteers who might help teach via Zoom or Face Book Live.
Are you a Christian who has a heart for the growing immigrant and refugee populations. Would you enjoy helping them learn English and succeed? This is the opportunity for you!
Begin Anew is a faith based education program working to empower individuals to overcome obstacles created by poverty. We provide GED test prep, English as a Second Language and Computer and Job skills classes to adults as well as mentoring and access to resources. We often overlook the necessity of English understanding in furthering education in the US and this is exactly where you come in!
ESL Teachers will:
- Teach English to a group of students at beginner, intermediate or advanced level using provided curriculum material. Some outside of class prep time required
- Coordinate to provide effective instruction of ESL curriculum
- Provide regular feedback to the Program Director
- Develop relationships with students
- Ensure safety protocol is followed
- Uphold the mission and vision of Begin Anew
Some international experience is preferred. We ask that our volunteers be comfortable working with people from different cultures and have a desire to care for students and assist them in achieving their goals.
Classes are two times a week: Monday and Thursday nights from 6–8pm. We ask that you commit to teaching one class time per week for 6 months.
Position requires volunteers to submit an application and references, and complete general and position specific training.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: