Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Garden Helpers at Scarritt Bennett
This is a perfect job for someone in the lawn/garden care business, or a dedicated student or church group.
We have four specific garden areas on campus and additional flowering trees and shrubs throughout the space that need your help. The desire is that the outdoor area at Scarritt Bennett provide harmony and a sense of well-being for all who walk the grounds.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Choose one or more of the many garden spaces on campus, including a labyrinth. The volunteer work can be done in a single day or adopt one of the spaces to care for on a regular basis.
- Gardening is cyclical, with different things needing attention at different times during the year.
- Early spring, prep the garden area, including the soil.
- The spring and summer months are for weeding, and trimming, especially weed-eating the labyrinth, as needed, but often weekly.
- Before winter prepare the garden for sleep.
About Our Non-Profit Organization:
Scarritt Bennett is a retreat and conference center located in the heart of Nashville and surrounded by Vanderbilt University on all sides. It is a not for profit organization committed to promoting social justice through education. Special emphasis is given to organizations and programs that support empowering women, eradicating racism, prophetic justice, radical hospitality, spiritual enrichment, and transformative education. Many private and not for profit organizations utilize the center for reasonable retreat and conference accommodations and meeting rooms.
With an SBC staff of less than 20 employees, this position will become a valued member of the team to support the work of this non-profit facility.
- A high school education is expected.
- A love of flowers and all things blooming.
- Ability to bend, kneel, and stoop
- Occasional use of garden tools such as rakes, shovels, and wheelbarrows.
- Commitment to watering and weeding regularly.
- Must enjoy working outdoors
- Must comply with safety guidelines.
Length of Appointment:
This is an on-going volunteer position.
Volunteer Schedule: to be decided. Hours and day of week are flexible (from dawn till dusk).
Benefits: Weekday Lunch is provided for full days of volunteer work.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: