Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Seamstress/ Sewist Needed
We need about two dozen colorful Holiday aprons made to be used in the Dining Hall during the many holiday luncheons that will be served. Drapes need to be replaced in several buildings. The historic buildings have especially long windows, but the draperies can have simple, clean lines.
This would be a great project for an individual or a sewing group to come and spend some days at SBC while completing the project.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Choose one or more of the sewing projects needed, and complete work at home or on campus.
- Work with staff at SBC to determine best pattern. Materials will be provided by SBC.
- This job can be completed over several weeks or months.
Scarritt Bennett is a retreat and conference center located in the heart of Nashville and surrounded by Vanderbilt University on all sides. It is a not for profit organization committed to promoting social justice through education. Special emphasis is given to organizations and programs that support empowering women, eradicating racism, prophetic justice, radical hospitality, spiritual enrichment, and transformative education. Many private and not for profit organizations utilize the center for reasonable retreat and conference accommodations and meeting rooms.
With an SBC staff of less than 20 employees, this position will become a valued member of the team to support the work of this non-profit facility.
- Ability to sew at an intermediate or greater level.
- Must have own sewing machine to use at home or bring to site.
- Understanding of fabrics best suited for the various tasks.
- May need to iron items as they are completed.
- Ability to sit at a sewing machine for several hours at a time.
As needed to complete each task.
- The pride of creating vibrant pieces for all our visitors to enjoy.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the Scarritt Bennett grounds.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: