Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer Intake Practitioner (VIP) #VirtualVolunteer
When people call us, they need a caring person to listen, reassure, and help. That is why we need you. You can be the person who meets them first, makes their initial interaction a welcoming one, and most importantly, helps them receive the care they need.
Time Commitment: Minimum of one 3-hour shift each week.
Shifts are available during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Priority will be given to applicants who have the availability to volunteer long term (for a span of 3 months or longer).
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Signing on in a timely manner to handle calls and email messages during your shift, greeting prospective clients promptly when they call or email
- Conducting a client-centered intake experience
- Communicating with clients, families, and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls from referral sources: exchanging information to identify clients’ needs and determining our ability to meet them
- Entering and updating prospective client status information as needed in our data systems
- Scheduling initial counseling sessions when appropriate and providing resource information options as needed
- Recording the outcome of calls, making follow-up calls as necessary, and identifying alternative community service sources when Intake solutions are not available
- Fostering teamwork and contributing to Insight’s client service goals
- Ensuring client safety, dignity, and privacy at all times, including HIPAA’s client confidentiality rules
Qualifications: This role requires…
- The willingness to learn Insight’s: mission, services, resources, and processes
- Critical thinking, service excellence, and interpersonal communication skills to solve problems for our clients, referral sources, and therapists as needed
- The ability to understand written and verbal instructions and basic computer skills, with attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy
- Any previous intake experience is a great help, but not necessary to succeed in this role
Remote volunteering requires access to a computer, to which you have a password-protected user account, and a personal cell phone.
Insight provides counseling sessions in both English and Spanish. For volunteers who are fluent in Spanish, there is an opportunity to assist Insight's Spanish-speaking clients at intake.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: