Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer Intake Practitioner (VIP)
Time Commitment: A weekly or biweekly work shift of 3 to 4 hours, during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Arriving in a timely manner to handle calls during your shift, greeting prospective clients promptly when they call
- Conducting a client-centered intake experience
- Communicating with clients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls from referral sources: exchanging information to identify clients’ needs and determining our ability to meet them
- Entering and updating prospective client status information as needed in our data systems
- Scheduling initial counseling sessions when appropriate and providing resource information options as needed
- Recording the outcome of calls, making follow-up calls as necessary, and identifying alternative community service sources when Intake solutions are not available
- Fostering teamwork and contributing to Insight’s client service goals
- Ensuring client safety, dignity and privacy at all times, including HIPAA’s client confidentiality rules
- The willingness to learn Insight’s: mission, services, resources, and processes
- Critical thinking, service excellence, and interpersonal communication skills to solve problems for our clients, referral sources, and therapists as needed
- The ability to understand written and verbal instructions and basic computer skills, with attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy
- Any previous intake experience is a great help, but not necessary to succeed in this role
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: