Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Board Member Experience, Fundraising, Grant Development
Ride for Reading Board of Directors - Development Facilitator
As a board member, the Development Facilitator will cultivate and build the donor base needed to achieve the long-term sustainability of the organization. The Development Facilitator will serve as a primary liaison between the Ride for Reading Board and the San Antonio funding community.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leadership, Governance, & Oversight
RfR’s Development Facilitator will serve a 2-year term to be eligible for reappointment for one additional term. Reappointment is determined by majority board vote. Outgoing Development Facilitator will commit to being involved in the transition of the new Development Facilitator for no less than 6 months after the new Development Facilitator assumes the role.
Board meetings will be held monthly for 1st quarter of 2019 and bi-monthly for remainder of the year. Committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
The Development Facilitator is a person deeply committed to the future sustainability of the organization. The selected person will have achieved some experience working on non-profit boards with specific knowledge related to fundraising development. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Leadership experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated success as a nonprofit board member in a fundraising development capacity.
- Able to promote cooperation, collaboration, and partnership between individuals and/or groups, both inside and outside the organization.
- Track record of building credibility in the funding community that will directly benefit RfR’s beneficiaries and mission.
- Communicates effectively, persuasively, and appropriately in oral and written from, and understands the audiences with which to share information.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in decision-making that maintains the integrity of the RfR mission.
- Possesses a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and building consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Passion and energy to understand and respond to the needs of others with an open, honest, humble, and altruistic demeanor.
- Capability and experience speaking to small and large groups using both self-prepared and externally prepared material and possesses an appropriate demeanor when representing RfR publicly.
Service on RfR’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: