Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Positive Parenting/Nurturing Family Children's Coach
Volunteer Children’s Coach
Who we are and what we do:
The Family Center (TFC) is a nonprofit organization passionate about breaking multi-generational cycles of child abuse, neglect, and trauma. Our team consists of compassionate individuals. Since 1985 we have provided services in Middle Tennessee helping reduce the risk of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
How you can make a difference in this role:
Volunteer Children’s Coaches are responsible for providing a fun and engaging learning environment that has kids excited to attend each week. They are responsible, enthusiastic, and able to think on their feet. They have a collaborative spirit, love working with children of all ages and backgrounds – and are excited to share in the mission of working with families.
- Teach Nurturing Family Groups
- Assist fellow team members on set up and tear down for each class
- Teach children’s classes using specific curriculum to provide fun, impactful content for children ages 8 weeks – 12 years
- Utilize creativity to adjust programming to any needs at hand
Paperwork Preparation and Management
- Participate in regular supervision with supervisor
- Seek out and attend ongoing job related professional development
- Participate in quarterly supervision with program manager
- Understanding of vulnerable populations
- Ability to think strategically about problem solving and conflict management
- Bilingual preferred
- Team player and positive attitude with a willingness to work with high risk children
- Availability to work 3-6 hours a week during daytime and evenings on weekdays and/or weekends in both Nashville and Murfreesboro locations
- Must have the ability to drive to appointments.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as office meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office equipment; avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
- The work environment will require walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing 1-25Lbs. The employee must have manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity.
- Some repetitive motion is involved.
Travel: Travel is primarily local, but occasional out-of-area may be required.
Reporting Relationship: Positive Parenting/Nurturing Family Director
Minimum Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 2-3 years of experience in working with children
Our Onboarding Process:
- Submit Volunteer Application w/ Resume & References
- If accepted: Waivers & Confidentiality & Release from Liability statements signed
- Background Checks
- TBI – Fingerprinting & VECHS Waiver
- HireRight - Social Security, Criminal, Driving, Department of Health
- Database - Sex Offender, Meth Offender, Felony Offender
- TB Test & a Statement of Health Required
- Training with Supervisor occurs (depending on the role, this may occur after background checks are received and health requirements met and may take 2 weeks from submission)
- Assigned Volunteer Schedules are determined by roles & needs
- Volunteers must give at least 24hr Notice (unless due to illness) if scheduled and unable to participate
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: