Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Encourager - Begin Anew Woodbine Location
Due to COVID-19 we are looking for volunteers to help via on-line or phone to reach out and encourage and pray for our students.
Do you ever look back and wish you’d had someone walking beside you and encouraging you to achieve your goals? Could you see yourself being that person for someone else? This is the opportunity for you!
Begin Anew is a faith based education program working to empower individuals to overcome obstacles created by poverty by providing education, mentoring and resources to adults age 18–56. Though education is the focus of our program, we feel that relationships and encouragement are the key to the success. We are looking for Christian volunteers to walk alongside our students as they work to achieve their goals.
A mentor/encourager will:
- Be paired with one adult student and commit to meeting with him or her for one hour weekly for a one year period. Meetings can be before or after class time or during their Bible Study time
- Provide a listening, supportive relationship in which a student can discuss his or her personal goals and life situation
- Receive training and a materials guide with different topics and activities to discuss with the student
- Uphold the mission and vision of Begin Anew
No mentoring experience necessary. We simply ask for a desire to care for a student and encourage them along the process of reaching their goals.
Position requires volunteers submit an application and references, pass a background check, and complete general and position specific training.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: