Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Begin Anew - GED Tutor - Woodbine Location - Mondays or Thursdays
Due to COVID-19 we have on-line teaching and tutoring opportunities at this time, we are looking for volunteers who might help teach via Zoom or Face Book Live.
Are you a Christian looking for a place to share your knowledge and help others advance their education? Then this is for you!
Begin Anew is a faith based education program working to empower individuals to overcome obstacles created by poverty. We provide GED test prep, English as a Second Language, and Computer and Job skills classes to adults, as well as mentoring and access to resources. Most of our students did not succeed in the traditional classroom setting which is where you come in!
GED Tutors will:
- Assist adult students one-on-one or in small groups with preparation for the High School Equivalency (HiSET) test by studying Math, English Grammar, Writing, Social Studies, Science and test taking skills with our provided curriculum
- Update student’s weekly work log indicating subject areas studied and next steps.
- Develop relationships with students
- Uphold the mission and vision of Begin Anew
Previous tutoring experience is helpful, but not required. We are just looking for a willingness to serve and a desire to help others achieve their goals.
Choose from classes on Monday nights from 6–7:30pm, or Thursday nights from 6-8pm. We ask that you serve one class time per week.
Position requires volunteers submit an application and references, and complete general and position specific training.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: