Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:16+
Musicians Corner Concert Volunteer
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Musicians Corner is a program of the non-profit organization The Conservancy for the Parthenon and Centennial Park, which supports emerging artists, and provides inclusive arts enrichment and educational programming for adults and youth. Musicians Corner presents free music events in Nashville’s downtown Centennial Park in partnership with the City of Nashville and local music industry, showcasing over 1,000 artists since its inception in 2010, and presenting legends like Emmylou Harris, Vince Gill, The Blind Boys of Alabama, and Preservation Hall Jazz Band. As part of the Centennial Park Restoration, a permanent home was built for Musicians Corner, as a cultural meeting place of community engagement that promotes arts education, supports artists, and fosters a love of the arts among adults and children.
Musicians Corner is seeking eager volunteers to assist with their 2019 concert events. These concerts are free to the community and we can’t make them happen without your help! There are many opportunities to lend a hand throughout the 2019 Musicians Corner season.
Volunteers work alongside our interns and full-time staff to assist with:
Parking Lot Monitoring
Water and Beverage Station(s)
Specific roles will be assigned on-site the day of the event. Training and assistance will be given when you arrive. All volunteers are required to bring a Volunteer Release Form with them to each event.
Dress Code: Please wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for a family-friendly event. Keep in mind that this is an outdoor event. Shoes must be closed toe.
Be sure to sign in when you arrive in order to receive credit.
We take our volunteer opportunities seriously, and we expect the same from our volunteers. Please review the below guidelines if you wish to volunteer:
- Please arrive on time. Plan to be on-site early so that you have time to locate parking and walk to the predetermined meeting location.
- We encourage minimal cell phone use while volunteering. If you must take an emergency call, please make sure that someone is covering your area before stepping away to answer.
- Please arrive ready to work as though you were attending a regular paid job. If, for some reason, you are unable to perform the task assigned to you, we will place you in another area with a different task available. If you are unwilling to perform the tasks asked of you, you may be dismissed. We expect you to take your volunteer duties seriously.
Volunteers that are new to the organization will receive a free Musicians Corner t-shirt. By signing up, you are assisting the local nonprofit The Conservancy for the Parthenon and Centennial Park, your community, and the preservation of Centennial Park, all while enjoying great live music!
This project does not qualify for court-ordered community service.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: