Age Minimum (with Adult): 6+, Minimum Age:18+
Shelby Park Golf Course - Storm Cleanup
Join Friends of Shelby Park and Bottoms and help with small debris pickup at Shelby Golf Course. The March 3 tornado made a direct hit on the Shelby Golf Course. After several months, the larger trees and debris have been removed from the site and what remains is small debris and twigs across many sections of the course.
Due to COVID-19 we will taking the following precautions:
- We will have volunteers arrive in shifts - each shift will be limited to ten volunteers at one time. Each group will then go out onto the course where they can work while maintaining distancing guidelines.
- Fresh gloves will be provided. If you prefer, you are welcome to bring your own.
- Volunteers should bring their own water/water bottle.
- We will be working to spread volunteers out across the worksite, but volunteers working within 10 feet of others must wear masks.
Founded in 2008, the Friends of Shelby is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation, protection, enhancement and stewardship of Shelby Park and Shelby Bottoms. It works to protect the natural and historical integrity of the area by supporting appropriate recreational activities, maintaining and enhancing its features, promoting programs that inspire appreciation and conservation of Park and Bottoms, and advocating for a level playing field for the various user groups.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville, Hands On Nashville recommends the following guidelines for volunteering:
- Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that your project may be canceled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: