Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Masks NOW TN At-Home Sewist #VirtualVolunteer
MasksNOW TN at-home sewists provide the essential work of sewing masks to be distributed to organizations in need of masks across Tennessee from their own home. Once sewists finish making masks, sewists can distribute the masks themselves, drop them off at Make Nashville—the distribution headquarters for and partnering organization with MasksNOW TN—to be delivered, or can request a distributor to come pick up their finished masks and deliver them to the organizations in need.
- MUST register as a volunteer sewist on MasksNOW’s website (masksnow.org/volunteer).
- Sew fabric and elastic together accurately following MasksNOW mask patterns as found on the website.
- Must have own sewing machine or needle and thread and scissors.
- Able to safely use scissors to cut thread and sense of touch to guide material through machines.
- Able to use vision to guide, estimate, and focus on fine detail.
- Able to grip, steadily cut, and measure.
- Able to perform simple addition, subtraction, and doubling in measurement units.
- Follows written and/ or video directions.
- One has completed the COVID-19 14-day quarantine and is no longer exhibiting any symptoms if one has tested positive for, or suspects one has experienced COVID-19 in the past.
If you are an experienced sewist without access to a sewing machine, please contact Jené Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will talk with you about arranging a time to come in to Make Nashville as a guest sewist following an orientation to the space.
If you have any of these items and are able to donate, please contact Jene Jacobson at email@example.com.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: