Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Social Media Volunteer #VirtualVolunteer
Poverty and the Arts (POVA) seeks a social media volunteer to assist the organization’s Executive Director with the agency's social media, storytelling, and developing content for online platforms consistent with our brand. This volunteer position will utilize pre-existing and new visual and written collateral materials to create and schedule new content across the organization’s social media channels to help us increase followers, turn followers into customers, and measure engagement. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience with an up-and-coming nonprofit social enterprise, while helping to meet a critical community need. This volunteer will report to the Executive Director. Flexible hours will be arranged with the individual’s schedule. This position will primarily work remotely with virtual meetings with the organization’s staff.
- Help manage and monitor the organization’s social media accounts (post content, interact with followers/customers, etc.)
- Learn and become proficient on internal software systems like Hootsuite to create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote organization on various social media channels
- Help brainstorm, design, and implement social media campaigns with ongoing feedback from staff
- Assist in developing and distributing content such as monthly email newsletters, infographics, stories, and more on social media featuring quotes, promos, and new artwork by artists
- Analyze analytics to gauge the success of campaigns and tailor future campaigns to primary demographics
- Understand the overall concept of the organization, including the brand, mission, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service as it relates to effective social media strategies
- Must have laptop
- Strong visual and copy writing communication
- Must be able to define and work toward deadlines
- Ability to multitask and work under minimal supervision
- Supports the mission and goals of POVA
- Experience preferred: marketing, communications, social media management, etc.
About Poverty and the Arts
Poverty and the Arts (POVA) is a social enterprise nonprofit that provides supplies, studio space, training, and a marketplace to artists impacted by homelessness so they can create and sell artwork, as well as gain valuable entrepreneurial and social skills.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: