Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
General Labor for Local Tornado Survivors
Tornado Recovery Connection (TRC) is working in partnership with UMCOR to help Davidson and Wilson County residents recover from the March tornado. Those survivors need general labor help! Please review the following information and express interest if you would like to jump in and help!
- Load and unload items as directed; to and from PODS, homes, trucks, dumpsters, etc
- Be able to physically: load, unload, sort survivor personal items and on-property debris of varying sizes and weight by hand and hand-truck
- Lift, carry, push, and pull items on a continuous and repetitive basis
- Works well with fellow volunteers and on- or off-site leadership
- No education or experience required but moving or landscaping experience would be beneficial
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be able to work independently or within a team environment
- Volunteers should wear footwear for, and be comfortable with, navigating uneven terrain
- Our volunteers should be able to: walk, stand, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, lift, push, pull, carry, and place items in and out of homes, in and out of PODS, or collect debris and move to dumpsters in a safe and efficient manner
- All volunteers must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs on a continuous and repetitive basis.
- Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: