Distribution Event for 2nd Ave Explosion Survivors #2ndAveExplosion
All told, nearly 1,200 individuals (both downtown residents or employees) were affected by the 2nd Avenue explosion early Christmas morning.
- Assisting with paperwork at car windows
- Picking out/transporting items to be distributed
- Please dress appropriately to work outdoors, closed toe shoes required.
- If you have your own PPE or gloves, please bring them with you. If you don’t own said items, they will be provided for you on site. Masks and appropriate social distancing will be required for the duration of this project.
- Volunteers should be prepared to bend, lift, and carry items weighing 25+ pounds.
- Due to the environment of this project, ALL volunteers must be 18+.
- All volunteers will be required to review and sign a waiver prior to participation. Volunteers will also be required to undergo temperature checks and a COVID-19 self assessment.
- Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: