Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Assist Downtown Survivors — Manual Labor #2ndAveExplosion
As the City of Nashville continues to recover from the explosion on 2nd Avenue, Hands On Nashville, in collaboration with the Mayor's Office and the Office of Emergency Management(OEM), needs volunteers to help with manual labor as residents and employees check on their apartments and businesses alike.
- Moving supplies and personal items
- Loading and unloading various items and vehicles as needed
- Greeting survivors
- Helping retrieve and transport supplies and resources
- Removing debris (primarily Saturday and Sunday shifts)
- Volunteers should be prepared to stand for long periods of time, be able to carry 25+ pounds, and navigate uneven ground
- Volunteers will NOT be entering buildings damaged by the bombing.
- Volunteers for this position should have a high level of patience, attention to detail, and be customer service oriented.
- If you have your own PPE, please bring it with you. We will provide masks and gloves on site if needed. Masks and appropriate social distancing will be required for the duration of this project.
- Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: