Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Masks NOW TN Onsite Mask Sewing Kit Opportunity Lead
If you love working with your hands and guiding others, Masks NOW TN (MNTN) needs you! We are looking for an individual to lead our on-site HON Mask Sewing Kit Assembly opportunities. We hope for a person to lead these opportunities for at least 2 hours/ once per week. The days, times, and length of the opportunity up to you. This opportunity is crafted to the specific person's availability, so if you are interested in this role please contact us so we can talk more about what it would look like for you specifically.
- Work with 1-2 (maximum, there will never be a group larger than 2 to ensure social distancing) volunteers per opportunity.
- Send out confirmation email for volunteer opportunities with details enclosed and answer any follow-up questions from volunteers.
- Sign in, take the digital temperature of, and ensure volunteers santize their hands and have masks prior to beginning the opportunity.
- Guide volunteers through measuring, cutting, bundling, and bagging mask sewing kits.
- Guide volunteers through proper cutting techniques for safety.
- Act as the third "catch-all" volunteer stepping into the mask making volunteer position as needed.
- Supporting by creating, grouping, and organizing other sewing kit materials.
- Take charge on communicating to Communications Lead and Distribution Lead low inventory.
- Verify service hours through HON and complete additional paperwork as needed for court-ordered volunteers.
- Take photos of volunteers (with permission) completing the service opportunity giving them to the Communications Lead to use in social media, newsletters, or media outlets.
This work is critical to continuing MNTN's ability to provide no-cost sewing materials to sewists around the state so that every volunteer who wants to help can help.
Key qualities for the volunteer taking on this position:
- Takes initiative and maintains consistent follow-through
- Maintains a consistent opportunity schedule
- Collaborative and communicative team member
- Eye-for detail
- Experience sewing or cutting material for a pattern is a big plus
- Interest in learning about sewing patterns
- Experience guiding/ leading/ teaching others is a big plus.
- Dependability and consistency.
If you are interested, please express interest below and we will set up a time to talk with you further about the role. This is NOT a remote role, however time and schedule are flexible.
Our mission with MasksNOW TN is to enable everyone to wear a mask to save lives, improve our economy and restore our nation to caring greatness. Through our core values of service, collaboration, community, integrity, and empathy, we have organized to match volunteer sewists to ongoing needs in our communities, and we are working towards normalizing mask wearing in public through our public relations and social media outreach. We have brought together a diverse group of experts in healthcare, manufacturing, non-profit, volunteer coordination, politics, public relations, social media and technology to enable us to solve these unique challenges and have distributed over 21,000 masks to date.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: