Age Minimum (with Adult): 4+, Minimum Age:16+
Seasonal Garden Prep (Saturday)
Community is an important part of the BELL Garden! Join us as we prepare the garden for the current growing season. The garden serves as teaching and learning lab for volunteers, students of Bellevue Middle Prep, and our community!
Volunteers will be focusing on outdoor activities at this time. Rain protection is suggested if rain is in the forecast.
The garden runs on volunteer power, no experience is necessary. Feel free to come just to learn more about gardening or share your experience.
Children under 12! If a parent or group will have children under the age of 12, please contact the opportunity leader below and let us know the ages in advance so we can plan activities that age group will enjoy. Children accompanying parents do not need to sign up for a spot.
Youth! If a group leader is signing up a group of youth under age 18, please contact the opportunity leader below before signing up. Thank you!
As a volunteer, you will help:
- Sow and harvest plants as needed
- Water and weed existing garden rows
- Prepare garden beds for planting
- Work in our greenhouse
- Tend our chicken flock
- Canning/ Preserving
To prepare for volunteering:
- Please wear closed toed shoes/boots and clothes you don't mind getting dirty.
- We will also have all the tools you need.
- We have a climate controlled classroom for breaks.
- We do not cancel due to cold weather. The exception is snow or ice. Be safe!
- Most of the garden is in full sun. Consider bringing a sunhat or visor.
- Most importantly: bring a water bottle, hydration is vital! We have a refrigerator to keep drinks cold.
About the BELL Garden:
The garden serves as a learning space for students, volunteers, and the community to grow food; learn about healthy eating choices; and gain an understanding of food access in our community. Volunteers can take the harvest home.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville:
- Hands On Nashville recommends that unvaccinated individuals in the following groups avoid volunteering for in-person opportunities (due to elevated risk level): ages 65 and up, those with health conditions or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that projects may be canceled or rescheduled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: