Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Make Mask Sewing Kits
You will provide the essential work of cutting donated fabric and putting together mask sewing kits! This role will save essential time and money for sewists meaning that masks will get to organizations more quickly, with less personal cost to sewists.
- Must provide own sanitized face mask to be worn during entire service.
- Accurately measure and cut fabric and elastic according to specific patterns.
- Use fabric scissors and rotary blades.
- Accurately count fabric and elastic pieces and package all needed items within each kit.
- Compile kits for specific sewists if needed.
- Record the quantity of masks each kit should make, the specified pattern, and organization and/or sewist to be delivered to if specified.
- Must provide own sanitized face mask.
- Must be comfortable wearing own face mask and gloves during entire length of service as will be in close proximity to material to be distributed to sewists and organizations as well as volunteer leader and other volunteers.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment in approximate 6-foot distance to 1-2 other volunteers.
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours.
- Able to accurately measure using a fabric mat and/ or measuring device like a ruler or tape measure.
- Able to safely use scissors and/ or rotary cutters.
- Able to grip, steadily cut, and measure.
- Able to perform simple addition, subtraction, and doubling in measurement units.
- Follows directions for packaging kits.
- COVID-19 14-day quarantine has been completed and is no longer showing any symptoms if has tested positive for, or suspects one has experienced COVID-19 in the past.
If you are an experienced sewist without access to a sewing machine, please contact the opportunity leader below. She will reach out and talk with you about arranging a time to come in to Make Nashville as a guest sewist following an orientation to the space.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: