Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Vinny Links Community Cleanup
Vinny Links Golf Course is the home to First Tee of Tennessee, an amazing program whose focus is to give young people of all backgrounds an opportunity to develop, through golf and character education, life-enhancing values such as honesty, integrity, and sportsmanship. Join us monthly to help care for the course and keep it beautiful and clean for all. Each month we will work on weeding, trash removal, landscaping, and other small projects.
This activity will take place outdoors. Long pants and long sleeves are suggested, and closed-toed shoes are required. We will have clean gloves but always feel free to bring your own.
Water and snacks will be provided.
Founded in 2008, the Friends of Shelby is a private, nonprofit organization working to preserve, enhance, and promote Shelby Park and Shelby Bottoms for everyone to appreciate and protect. We work to protect the natural and historical integrity of the area by supporting appropriate recreational activities, maintaining and enhancing its features, promoting programs that inspire appreciation and conservation of Park and Bottoms, and advocating for a level playing field for the various user groups.
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines, we will take the following precautions:
- Group size will be limited according to city regulations and to keep attendees properly distanced from one another.
- Fresh gloves will be provided. If you prefer, you are welcome to bring your own.
- We will have individual, disposable water bottles. Volunteers are welcome to bring their own.
- We will be working to spread volunteers out across the trails, but volunteers working within 10 feet of others must wear masks.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville:
- Hands On Nashville recommends that unvaccinated individuals in the following groups avoid volunteering for in-person opportunities (due to elevated risk level): ages 65 and up, those with health conditions or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that projects may be canceled or rescheduled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: