Tree Planting at Westmeade Elementary
Join the Nashville Tree Foundation for a family friendly tree planting event. Trees provide shade, help filter air pollution, create an oxygen rich environment, and reduce flooding by absorbing great amounts of groundwater. Learn how to plant and care for trees, while also joining forces to make Nashville a greener community!
Due to COVID-19, please register with your own family/ same household group. Planting teams can be no larger than 8 people.
PRIOR TO COMING TO THE EVENT WE REQUEST YOU WATCH THESE TWO VIDEOS:
COVID-19 Safety Training for Outdoor Volunteers (12 minutes)
How to Plant a Tree (12 minutes)
Planting events will happen rain or shine if it is just a light rain or mild inclement weather. In the event of extreme weather, the planting will take place the following day from 1 pm - 4 pm. Please plan to be there if the planting gets delayed to the following day - we need your help!
Volunteer assignments are outside, so dress accordingly.
- Face masks are required to be correctly worn by all participants for the duration of the event.
- Closed toe shoes are required - work boots are recommended.
- Heavy lifting may be required.
- Bring your own face mask, sunscreen, drinking water, work gloves and a long handled spade or pickaxe if you have one.
- A limited number of work gloves and tools are available to borrow.
- Anyone under the age of 18 should bring a signed HON Youth Waiver to the event.
- If you need your volunteer hours validated, please bring a form for our staff to sign at the event.
- Due to COVID, restrooms may not be available, so please plan accordingly.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville, Hands On Nashville recommends the following guidelines for volunteering:
Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that your project may be canceled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 6+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: