Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Assist with COVID Vaccination Rollout - April
As we move forward together through this pandemic, the Metro Public Health Department and the Office of Emergency Management need your help.
As the supply of vaccine doses and time allows, the Metro Public Health Dept (MPHD) may offer vaccines to volunteers at the end of volunteer shifts at the sole discretion of MPHD staff. Vaccines are not guaranteed for volunteers and volunteers only interested in volunteering to receive a vaccine are not encouraged to attend. Hands On Nashville is not involved in determining when vaccines are available to volunteers.
- Help throughout the vaccination site by greeting people, checking them in, ushering through the process, and assisting with discharge paperwork
- Provide wheelchair assistance for people with limited mobility
- Be required to sign a HIPAA privacy form, on-site, before starting their shift
- Volunteers should be prepared to stand for long periods of time and be ready to walk
- Volunteers will be working inside at a safe distance from others
- No smoking on site
- Volunteers are expected to present themselves in a professional manner
- Volunteers will direct all inquirers for comment, from the media or the general public to an EOM representative
Volunteers should bring their own water bottles as the water fountains on site are currently not operational.
- If the day/time shift you’re interested in has a “sign up” button. Please log into your account, then click on that button to claim your spot.
- If there is a “waitlist” button, the shift is currently full. Please find another shift that interests you, or log into your account, and click the button to be added to the waitlist. If a spot opens, you will automatically receive an email informing you of the opening. This is not a priority list, it is first come first serve.
- If there is no “sign up” button, nor any “waitlist” button. Then the shift is full, and the waitlist is currently full. Please check back later to see if there is any availability, or check or shifts, or projects for availability.
- Hands On Nashville recommends that unvaccinated individuals in the following groups avoid volunteering for in-person opportunities (due to elevated risk level): ages 65 and up, those with health conditions or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that projects may be canceled or rescheduled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: