Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer Leaders Needed for #NashvilleFlooding Response
As the City of Nashville continues to recover from March 27-28 flash floods, Hands On Nashville, in collaboration with the Nashville Office of Emergency Management, needs reliable Volunteers Leader to be available to jump in and help with relief and recovery activities — including leading other volunteers and volunteer projects — sometimes on short notice.
- Helping set up and organize work stations, registration tables, tools, supplies, etc.
- Providing volunteer leadership and supervision at projects
- Assisting with volunteer registration, check-in, and data collection
- Ensuring volunteers are safe and projects get done
- Reporting back to HON with needs, updates, issues, etc.
- Volunteer Leaders should have a high level of patience, responsiveness, attention to detail, and be customer-service oriented.
- Training and orientation will be provided by HON.
- All Volunteer Leaders will be required to review and sign a waiver prior to participation and will be expected to model appropriate COVID-19 safety measures.
- Volunteer Leaders will likely receive frequent emails and updates from Hands On Nashville throughout the course of recovery, so that Volunteer Leaders can stay in the loop with community needs as they evolve.
- Due to the unique environment of this project, ALL Volunteer Leaders must be 18+.
- Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: