Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Cornelia Fort Pickin' Party
Do you want to listen to great live music, while you volunteer?
The family-friendly concert series benefiting Friends of Shelby Park and Bottoms is back - with limited attendance and pod-style seating for a safe and fun experience. The series will take place monthly May through August starting Saturday, May 15.
We need assistance with during the following shifts
5:30 pm to 8:00 pm - setup, parking, ticketing, leading guests to their pods
5:30 pm to 9:00 pm – Drink and merchandise sales and breaking down after the show.
All volunteers will get an exclusive Friends of Shelby volunteer t-shirt to keep!
This event takes place outdoors at beautiful Cornelia Fort Airpark in Shelby Bottoms.
Help a great cause and listen to some great music while working!
Due to COVID-19 we will taking the following precautions:
- Masks are required of all staff, volunteers, and attendees except when eating or drinking.
- This is a touchless event including ticketing and sales.
- Volunteers should bring their own water/water bottle. We will have individual, disposable water bottles as well.
- Water and snacks will be provided.
Founded in 2008, the Friends of Shelby is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation, enhancement, and promotion of Shelby Park and Shelby Bottoms. It works to protect the natural and historical integrity of the area by supporting appropriate recreational activities, maintaining and enhancing its features, promoting programs that inspire appreciation and conservation of Park and Bottoms, and advocating for a level playing field for the various user groups.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville:
- Hands On Nashville recommends that unvaccinated individuals in the following groups avoid volunteering for in-person opportunities (due to elevated risk level): ages 65 and up, those with health conditions or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that projects may be canceled or rescheduled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: