Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
South Nashville Cleanup, Drywall Removal, and Canvassing #NashvilleFlooding
As the City of Nashville continues to recover from March 27-28 flash floods, Hands On Nashville, in collaboration with the Nashville Office of Emergency Management, is engaging volunteers in the community to help survivors dig out and clean up.
Want to help? Please click sign up below and a Hands On Nashville team member will reach out about next steps.
Volunteer tasks may include (but may not be limited to):
- Clearing out damaged belongings from the property
- Removing drywall, flooring, and other damaged parts of the building
- Debris cleanup outdoors
- Canvassing the neighborhood
- Hands On Nashville will provide all tools and safety equipment to volunteers.
- All volunteers will be required to review and sign a waiver prior to participation and will be expected to model appropriate COVID-19 safety measures.
- This will be a very physical volunteer project, and will involve entering buildings that could potentially have mold and mildew
- Please wear sturdy shoes (ideally waterproof with tread), bring a water bottle, and wear a mask.
- Due to the unique environment of this project, ALL volunteers must be 18+.
- If possible, please try to carpool with other volunteers, utilize ridesharing (and wear masks!), or have someone drop you off and pick you up. Parking will be limited.
- There will be transportation provided to volunteers that will take you to your assigned location. Should you arrive late, you will need to provide your own transportation.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville, Hands On Nashville recommends the following guidelines for volunteering:
Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that your project may be canceled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: