Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Assist Long-Term Residents of former Rodeway Inn - #NashvilleFlooding
Volunteers are needed to help remove debris and damaged walls from a building housing individuals who had recently experienced homelessness. As part of Metro Nashville’s Rapid Rehousing Program, residents of this building — a former hotel — were given a chance to rent an apartment during the pandemic. Flood waters measuring up to 3 feet inundated 45 rooms, rendering them uninhabitable. Many who had just found a place to live in December were sent back to the streets due to the flood.
- Clearing out damaged belongings from the property
- Removing drywall, flooring, and other damaged parts of the building
- Hands On Nashville will provide all tools and safety equipment to volunteers.
- All volunteers will be required to review and sign a waiver prior to participation and will be expected to model appropriate COVID-19 safety measures.
- This will be a very physical volunteer project, and will involve entering buildings that could potentially have mold and mildew
- Due to the unique environment of this project, ALL volunteers must be 18+.
- Hands On Nashville recommends that unvaccinated individuals in the following groups avoid volunteering for in-person opportunities (due to elevated risk level): ages 65 and up, those with health conditions or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that projects may be canceled or rescheduled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: