Help Local Tornado Survivors Move (OLD POST 2) #NashvilleTornado
Hands On Nashville is continuing to work with a variety of groups in Davidson and Wilson County to aid residents recovering from the March tornado. The current need is to help residents move in/out of their living spaces as construction projects take place.
June 30 (9am-12noon) - Help a survivor in Nashville move boxes and furniture from onsite storage into their newly renovated home.
June 30 (1pm-3pm) - Help a survivor in Nashville move boxes and furniture from their home to onsite storage.
The essential functions of this opportunity:
- Load and unload items as directed; to and from PODS, homes, trucks, dumpsters, etc.
- Be able to physically: load, unload, sort survivor personal items and on-property debris of varying sizes and weight by hand and hand-truck
- Lift, carry, push, and pull items on a continuous and repetitive basis
- Works well with fellow volunteers and on- or off-site leadership
- Must be able to work independently or within a team environment
- Volunteers should wear footwear for, and be comfortable with, navigating uneven terrain
- Our volunteers should be able to: walk, stand, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, lift, push, pull, carry, and place items in and out of homes, in and out of PODS, or collect debris and move to dumpsters in a safe and efficient manner
- All volunteers must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs on a continuous and repetitive basis
- The dress code for this type of opportunity is casual business (no rips, tears, major stains - but okay to get it dirty).
IMPORTANT: We are doing all that we can to protect ourselves, each other, and our community from spreading COVID-19. Volunteers will be expected to comply with COVID-19 Safety Protocols which include: allowing your temperature to be taken, answer a few COVID symptom and contact questions, wear (your own) mask at all times, and observe a 6 – 10’ social distance when at all possible from the start to the end of each meeting.
We hope you will join us.
As Nashville continues to reopen, Hands On Nashville hopes you will come out and volunteer with one of our terrific partner organizations. Please note any projects, gathering limits, and safety protocols put in place are at the discretion of our partner organizations.
Please see Mayor John Cooper’s Road for Reopening Nashville here.
Please see current CDC COVID recommendation here.
We have asked our partners to update their posting language to reflect their current COVID guidelines. If you have any questions in general, or you don’t see details, you can reach out to the opportunity coordinator via the link next to their name below.
With that being said, we acknowledge that everyone has their own comfort level with regards to being out in the world with respect to the current pandemic. If you go to a project, and feel unsafe, please speak to on-site representative and let HON know – your feedback is invaluable and we work to keep everyone safe while meeting urgent needs in the community.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: