BELL Garden Work Day (We need muscle!)
Did you know that in 2021 BELL Garden donated over 1,000 pounds of fresh produce to the Bellevue Community Food Bank entirely on volunteer power? This year we're aiming to up our produce donations by 500-1,000 pounds, but we can't do it without your help. The garden serves as a teaching and learning lab for volunteers, students of Bellevue Middle Prep, and our community. We are entirely volunteer-run and community-centered; no prior experience is necessary to participate and volunteers assist the garden in many ways. Will you join us?
Spend your Saturday morning with us for a free workout in the fresh air, all while you help a worthy cause. We need folks who can bring some muscle to the garden to help us out with the following activities:
- Shoveling and transporting dirt between beds
- Digging holes for new seeds and plants
- Setting fence posts and telephone poles
- Building raised beds
- Pulling up old plastic lining
- Broad forking
Benefits of volunteering
When you volunteer with us, you sign up for a chance to:
- Learn gardening and growing skills
- Spend your morning outside
- Support food security in your community
- Meet new friends
- Pay attention to the weather and dress accordingly: Volunteers will be focusing on outdoor activities at this time. We do not cancel due to inclement weather and most of the garden is in full sun. Please dress for the weather, whether hot, wet, or cold (or a mix!).
- Please wear closed toe shoes/boots and clothes you don't mind getting dirty.
- Bring a water bottle and snacks to keep you going: Hydration is vital! We have water available and a refrigerator to keep drinks cold.
- We will have work gloves and all the tools you need.
- We have a climate controlled classroom for breaks.
- The garden serves as a learning space for students, volunteers, and the community to grow food; learn about healthy eating choices; and gain an understanding of food access in our community. Volunteers can take the harvest home.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: