Accelerating Scholars High-Impact Tutoring for Nashville Students
Accelerating Scholars: High-Impact Tutoring for Nashville Students
- Volunteers will be trained by PENCIL on content, how to structure a virtual tutoring session, the virtual platform all tutors and students will use, and more.
- Volunteers will provide at least three, 30-minute-long, one-on-one, virtual tutoring sessions every week for at least 10 weeks during the spring semester. Session times will be matched to each volunteer's availability. Tutoring will begin the week of January 31st.
- Accelerating Scholars tutoring sessions can take place during the regular school day or during structured after-school programming.
- Connect thousands of Metro Nashville Public Schools students with a trained tutor and learning coach
- Create a more personalized and positive learning experience for students
- Boost skills, confidence and academic outcomes among students who may need a little extra help and support
- Focus on 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade reading – as well as 8th and 9th grade math – with all instructional content reinforcing and amplifying classroom lessons and curriculum
- Provide research-based, virtual tutoring sessions that will be at least 30 minutes long, at least 3 times each week, for at least 10 weeks, during the regular school day or during structured after-school programming
- Offer individualized or small-group instruction only – with 3 or 4 students connecting with a licensed teacher; 1 or 2 students with a trained paraprofessional; or one-on-one instruction with trained college and community volunteer tutors
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: