Help Fight Food Insecurity
From a foundation of Christian values, The Branch helps support those in our community who face the challenge of food insecurity for their families. The work we do is ambitious and rewarding! We invite you to join with us in serving the Lord by loving our neighbors.
We distribute food to our neighbors 5 days a week, and we need volunteers to help us sort, stock, and prepare food for distribution. Below is a list of things that you could potentially be doing while at the Branch. All of these things help make the pantry run smoothly:
- Guest intake/registration
- put extra food items to prepared carts
- distribution of food to guests and cleaning empty carts
- pack USDA boxes
- pack extra donation boxes
- prepare dairy bags, meat bags, or produce bags
- check bread for freshness, valid expiration dates, and/or mold
- assemble all food items on the carts, sort and stock items from delivery trucks
- refill pantry shelves from storeroom supply
- break down boxes for recycling or stack neatly for future use
- take flattened boxes to recycling dumpster and trash to trash dumpster
- other cleaning tasks
What should we know before coming?
- Attire: Please wear closed toed shoes as well as dress appropriately and comfortably. During warm months, it may get hot in our facility, please keep this in mind.
- Bottled water and soda will be provided to volunteers throughout their shift. Please do not hesitate to grab a bottle of water/soda during your shift!
- If you choose to bring your own lunches, there is a refrigerator available to store them in as well as an area with tables and chairs to take a break and eat your lunch there.
- When you arrive at your assigned time, simply enter through the double doors underneath “The Branch” sign. A staff member will come greet you, and you will sign in at the Volunteer Sign in Table just past the double doors.
- The manager will assign different tasks to group members at this time. If you have a preference of what individuals would like to do, please let the manager know at that time! If you have any questions throughout your shift, do not hesitate to ask the manager. If you have any questions prior to coming, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Masks are currently optional as we work in a large space and can practice social distancing, but we ask that if you are feeling sick at all, you cancel your shift and do not come.
Hunger & Homelessness
Families, Homeless, Immigrants, Refugees or Ethnic Groups, Children
Age Minimum (with Adult): 6+, Minimum Age:15+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: