Age Minimum (with Adult):6+, Minimum Age:11+
Urban Farm: Preparation & Maintenance
Whether you're curious about gardening, or an expert green thumb, this Urban Agriculture project is for you! As a volunteer, you will help:
- Sow and harvest plants as needed
- Water and weed existing garden rows
- Prepare garden beds for planting
- And more!
No experience necessary (but if you've got it, we'll certainly put it to use!)
What to Bring/Wear:
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes like old sneakers or boots are required
- Be sure to wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Water will be provided, but please bring your own water bottle in efforts to reduce the amount of waste we generate on the farm
About the Urban Farm:
The Farm serves as a vibrant resource for volunteers to grow gardening skills, learn about healthy eating choices and gain an understanding of food access in our community. Learn more.
Let’s Move! Outside
Volunteer hours associated with this project support the “Let’s Move! Outside” initiative, a nationwide effort to provide opportunities for young people to work, learn, play, and serve outdoors and on public lands. This effort is made possible through partnership between the YMCA of the USA, the Department of the Interior, American Express, the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, Nashville’s Mayor Megan Barry, and Hands On Nashville. For more information about Let’s Move, please click here.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond the following questions in order to signup on this opportunity: