Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Community Engagement Volunteer
Community Relations – Fundraising, Event Planning, Relationship Development
PURPOSE & IMPACT
The Fundraising & Community Development Volunteer has the important role of assisting our program and Fundraising Committee on securing much needed support, sponsorships, and funding for planned events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up face-to-face meetings with local businesses to secure relationships and sponsorships.
- Research and create/update a directory of local businesses with their contact information.
- Assist in maintaining community relationships as it relates to planned events.
- Weekly communication and updates with our program and/or Fundraising Committee.
- Assistance with promotion of planned events.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Comfortable reaching out to new community partners and forming new relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility.
- Working phone and reliable vehicle.
- Organized and attention to detail.
- Previous event planning experience and or nonprofit community relations is a plus.
Flexible! Preferably willing to commit to the program for at least 6 months. 2-4 hours per week of face-to-face visit time, or more. Specifically needing those with open availability during normal business hours.
Completed volunteer application. Attend sponsorship attainment training (TBD). Education on printed materials and resources for sponsorships.
Erin Rains, Fundraising Committee Chair
Kara Mischke, Community Relations Manager
Meeting people with similar interests, building relationships, networking, and being a part of the greater mission to end violence in our community.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: