Join the Hands On Nashville Team
Human Resources and Recruitment AmeriCorps Program Intern
Hands On Nashville’s (HON) HR and Recruitment AmeriCorps Program Intern (Intern) helps a community-focused nonprofit support and manage the AmeriCorps recruitment process. The Intern works with the AmeriCorps Program Manager to ensure that the candidate experience is consistent and equitable and internal processes are seamless.
Hands On Nashville's mission is to meet community needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 200-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations; help these partners reimagine volunteer potential; and bring awareness to the challenges facing the people and places in our community.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a member of the Hands On Nashville team.
About the Role
- Manages candidate applications and data throughout recruitment lifecycle.
- Creates, facilitates, and analyzes candidate satisfaction survey.
- Assists with candidate interviews and application scoring as needed.
- Engages potential candidates through recruitment platforms like Indeed, Handshake, etc.
- Researches onboarding education tools.
- Timeline and hours are flexible, role preferred to be filled April through July.
- Able to carry out tasks independently in a work-from-home environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest or scholastic background in human resources, nonprofit, business, and/or organizational development.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools.
Criminal history background check clearance.
Please send a résumé to Nicki Avila at Nicki@hon.org.
Looking for another way to help out the team? Check out volunteer opportunities to support our team here.
Hands On Nashville does not discriminate based on age, gender, skin color, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.