Be the greater good. Join AmeriCorps.
AmeriCorps is a way for Americans of all ages and backgrounds to dedicate their time and skills to get things done. So, how does AmeriCorps get things done? Approximately 75,000 Americans across the country join AmeriCorps programs each year and all of them are tackling different problems in different ways.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program engages civic-minded individuals in yearlong terms of public service. AmeriCorps members are part of a 23-person cohort that receives skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between HON and participating AmeriCorps Program agencies.
To learn more about the HON AmeriCorps Program, contact program manager Nicki Avila at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-2021 Host Sites (Aug. 17, 2020-July 31, 2021)
- Emergency Response Coordinator: The Emergency Response Coordinator guides disaster response planning, building Community Resource Center’s capacity to manage their supply chain during disaster relief efforts. POSITION FILLED
- Clean Streams Coordinator: The Clean Streams Coordinator provides capacity-building services to create and expand education, stream stewardship, and green infrastructure programs for Cumberland River Compact. POSITION FILLED
- Environmental Education Coordinator: The Environmental Education Coordinator makes an impact on the community and the lives of youth with the Cumberland River Compact’s environmental education programs. POSITION FILLED
- Urban Forestry Coordinator (2): The Urban Forestry Coordinator’s leadership in neighborhood outreach, education, and tree maintenance helps Root Nashville reach the goal of planting 500,000 trees in Davidson County by 2050. POSITIONS FILLED
- Community Outreach and Engagement Coordinator: The Community Outreach and Engagement Coordinator makes a lasting environmental impact by broadening engagement in urban and rural communities for the Cumberland River Compact. POSITION FILLED
- First3! Parent Seminar Coordinator: The First 3! Parent Seminar Coordinator will organize volunteer efforts to facilitate the First 3! curriculum and engage with stakeholders to increase access to The Family Center’s programs. POSITION FILLED
- Volunteer Project Leader (2): The Volunteer Project Leader engages corporate partners in volunteer opportunities benefiting community organizations. POSITIONS FILLED
- Community Partner Engagement Leader: The Community Partner Engagement Leader enhances the capacity of Hands On Nashville’s Community Partner Program, which delivers high-quality volunteer recruitment support to partnering agencies. POSITION FILLED
- Digital Strategy Leader: The Digital Strategy Leader drives digital engagement by using analytics and digital marketing tools to optimize and shape Hand On Nashville’s content across its digital communications platforms. POSITION FILLED
- Disaster Response Leader: The Disaster Response Leader guides disaster response planning, building Hands On Nashville’s capacity to manage volunteers during disaster relief efforts. POSITION FILLED
- Environmental Outreach and Communication Coordinator (2): The Environmental Outreach and Communication Coordinator engages community members in sustainability efforts with Harpeth Conservancy. POSITIONS FILLED
- Volunteer and Partner Engagement Leader: The Family Services Volunteer and Partner Engagement Leader will help grow the reach of Nashville Diaper Connection to serve more families in our community. POSITION FILLED
- Garden Programs Coordinator: The Garden Program Coordinator supports the work of cultivating community and growing food in garden spaces to support The Nashville Food Project’s mission. *Bilingual applicants preferred. POSITION FILLED
- Urban Tree Educational Outreach Coordinator: The Urban Tree Education Coordinator leads programming for the public and sixth-grade students on the Emerald Ash Borer, an invasive beetle, and its impact on native species of Ash in Middle Tennessee. POSITION FILLED
- Community Trees Outreach Coordinator: The Community Trees Outreach Coordinator coordinates outreach efforts for a tree planting, engagement, and maintenance program for Nashville neighborhoods with low tree canopy. POSITION FILLED
- LP PENCIL Box Mobile Distribution and Volunteer Leader: The LP PENCIL Box Mobile Distribution and Volunteer Project Leader will pilot three new initiatives to bring more supplies to MNPS schools and vastly increase volunteerism at the LP PENCIL Box. POSITION FILLED
- Homeless Community Shower Bus Coordinator: The Homeless Community Shower Bus Coordinator is responsible for enhancing Shower The People’s hygiene programs through data collection, inventory management, and capacity building. POSITION FILLED
- Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader: The Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader strengthens the volunteer program at Turnip Green Creative Reuse while fostering creativity and sustainability through reuse. POSITION FILLED
- Community Education Coordinator: The Community Education Coordinator increases community outreach, involvement, and partnership building for Turnip Green Creative Reuse. POSITION FILLED
Workers' Dignity — Dignidad Obrera
- Economic and Racial Justice Community Coordinator: The Economic and Racial Justice Community Coordinator engages our members and volunteers to expand program areas for Workers’ Dignity, a community-based worker center fighting for economic and racial justice for all. *Bilingual applicants preferred. POSITION FILLED
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee and The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund. AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service, the federal agency for volunteering, service, and civic engagement. CNCS engages millions of Americans in citizen service through its AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs and leads the nation's volunteer and service efforts. For more information, visit NationalService.gov.
Each AmeriCorps participant is part of a National Service cohort that builds nonprofit capacity through a partnership between Hands On Nashville and participating AmeriCorps host sites. Members receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities throughout their yearlong term. HON does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.