Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
The Nashville City Cemetery Clean-up
Help preserve The Nashville City Cemetery by maintaining these historic grounds.
Volunteers will be asked to help sweep and protect headstones, remove branches, rake leaves, and gather walnuts and magnolia pods. All volunteers will be met by a few Nashville City Cemetery Association Board Members who will provide guidance and regale them with stories of Nashville's oldest public cemetery.
Each cleanup session will be followed at 10:00 am by a Second Saturday Cemetery tour, open and free to the public, whose topics will change monthly, such as the Civil War, African Americans, Historic Preservation, etc. Please wear pants and heavy, durable shoes (not tennis shoes). Dress appropriately for the weather, but dress in layers that can be removed, as you will work up a sweat. Gardening gloves are an essential.
The NCCA is a 501c3 organization whose mission is to preserve, protect, restore, and promote the Nashville City Cemetery. This is accomplished on the grounds proper, and through about a dozen tours and special events that educate the public on Nashville’s early pioneers and history. The impact of maintaining the beautiful horticultural landscape helps us continue to promote our grounds as “Nashville’s Premier Outdoor Museum” and certified arboretum.
Event cancelled if it is raining.
Hands On Nashville, our community partners, and dedicated volunteers like you are working to meet urgent needs while heeding the most up-to-date local, state, and federal health guidelines regarding slowing the spread of COVID-19. Here are the measures HON has put in place:
• Volunteer project groups are capped at 10 people. For this reason, it’s crucial that volunteers who sign up to attend actually do so.
• Volunteers who feel unwell or who have been exposed to someone who is sick should not attend projects.
• Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended safety precautions. These include maintaining distances between yourself and other people, practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces, wearing gloves and other protective gear, etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project for any reason, please log in to your hon.org account and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, please email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: