Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Help us END HUNGER and have fun at the same time
What Kinda Volunteer Gig Is This?
We need help coordinating, preparing for, and then throwing parties to end world hunger. Specifically, these parties involve a pop-up factory to package meals for chronically malnourished people in this world. We need Event Support Specialists to help our staff in a variety of capacities related to our volunteer meal packaging events. We have different areas of emphasis, or you could do all of these things:
- Facilitating meal packaging events in the community and surrounding areas. Running meal packaging events from start to finish; including set-up of an assembly line, conducting an educational presentation, training the volunteers, facilitating meal packaging, breaking down the assembly lines and reloading and returning the truck with equipment and completed meals.
- Event preparation and breakdown which could include activities such as packing and staging ingredient and equipment, washing bins and packaging equipment, stack boxes for finished transportation, lot label printing, and/or helping us upkeep our warehouse spaces.
- Administrative and outreach support. This could include ensuring that our materials for each event are prepared as well as uploading documentation on return from the event. This could also include coordination with event hosts and follow-up.
- Manage large groups of volunteers of all ages/cultures/abilities, delegate tasks to groups, adjust groups to maximize efficiency, and use independent judgment to make necessary adjustments and respond to challenges.
That Sounds Fun, Are There Requirements?
Being able to work part-time and have some flexibility with your schedule is a plus. You need to have a valid drivers license, be willing to drive large vehicles like a box truck, be able to lift 50 lbs. and be comfortable speaking in front of large groups. We really need people who like people and can use independent judgment to make necessary adjustments and respond to challenges.
What Do I Get Out Of This?
Most importantly, a sense of satisfaction that you've made an impact on hunger. That is not the only benefit! We'll train you on how to facilitate fun and exciting meal packaging events as well as we do offer hourly pay event facilitators and volunteers who are capable and committed to being part of our community engagement team.
Who Is Rise Against Hunger?
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to end hunger by 2030.
Though we're looking for volunteers (which may or not be paid) Rise Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace without discrimination and harassment of any kind. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. You can apply for this position by expressing interested here at HON via the button below.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: