Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:15+
Assist with a Shop Shift at TGCR (Full Shift)
Interested in the environment, art, or looking for ways to help promote reducing and reusing in the community?
There are so many ways to get involved at the shop!
The Turnip Green Creative Reuse shop is the heart of our organization with over 600,000 pounds of material diverted from the landfill to date, we process over 100 pounds of material every hour we are open! These materials are put on the shelves of our shop and into the hands of members of the community, artists, children, other creatives to live their best second life!
When you assist with a shop shift you will be in the center of it all, guided by our awesome Reuse Specialists in a variety of processing tasks. From rolling and detangling materials to creating fun paper scrap packs, stocking our shelves, or processing beads and other donations, you'll be helping us give new life to these materials by keeping them out of the landfill - doing what we can to keep the environment a healthy, happy shade of green!
Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes you can move around safely in. Bring a reuseable water bottle. There is a restroom on-site.
Note: Half-shifts are available as well upon request. Please sign up and email the opportunity leader so we can note half-shift. We can provide volunteer opportunities for larger groups as well.
**If under 18, you must have a parent/guardian present to sign the TGCR and HON waiver form before you begin volunteering for your first shift.**
The TGCR shop closes at 6pm - all rides should be coordinated before shop closes.
Hands On Nashville, our community partners, and dedicated volunteers like you are working to meet urgent needs while heeding the most up-to-date local, state, and federal health guidelines regarding slowing the spread of COVID-19. Here are the measures HON has put in place:
• Volunteer project groups are capped at 10 people. For this reason, it’s crucial that volunteers who sign up to attend actually do so.
• Volunteers who feel unwell or who have been exposed to someone who is sick should not attend projects.
• Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended safety precautions. These include maintaining distances between yourself and other people, practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces, wearing gloves and other protective gear, etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project for any reason, please log in to your hon.org account and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: