Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Book and Magazine Enthusiast
Interested in the environment, art, or looking for ways to help promote reducing and reusing in the community?
There are so many ways to get involved at the shop!
We are looking for a magazine and/or book enthusiast to join our volunteer team!
The Turnip Green Creative Reuse shop is the heart of our organization with over 600,000 pounds of material diverted from the landfill to date, we process 100-400 pounds of material every hour we are open! These materials are put on the shelves of our shop and into the hands of members of the community, artists, children, other creatives to live their best second life!
By organizing and stocking our magazine and book sections, you'll be helping us give new life to donated materials by keeping them out of the landfill - doing what we can to keep the environment a healthy, happy shade of green!
Please check in at the front desk when you arrive. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes you can move around safely in. Bring a reusable water bottle. There is a restroom on-site.
Health and Safety protocols being taken at Turnip Green Creative Reuse:
- Wearing a mask is required while at Turnip Green Creative Reuse.
- Limited number of shoppers allowed at a time, everyone is to keep 6 feet apart. Clearly marked outdoor waiting area and directional walkways will be provided to assist with physical distancing.
- Hand sanitizer provided to all customers.
- Virtual and online shopping, and curbside pickup options will remain available in addition to in-person shopping.
Our team is committed to keeping you and everyone we serve safe.
- Health and Safety training completed by all staff and volunteers based on CDC's guidelines. These procedures will be followed out of care for our customers and community.
- High touch points and materials cleaned regularly.
- Staff/volunteers screened daily with a health questionnaire and contactless thermometer.
- Masks required at all times.
- The Turnip Green team will modify our safety plan as needed based on updated guidelines from public officials and other health experts. Updates will be communicated via our website and social media.
The TGCR shop closes at 6pm - all rides should be coordinated before the shop closes.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville, Hands On Nashville recommends the following guidelines for volunteering:
Individuals belonging to the following groups should not volunteer for in-person opportunities: ages 65 and up, those with elevated health risk or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that your project may be canceled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: