Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Masks NOW TN Distribution Lead
If you thrive with logistics and keeping systems humming, we want you on our leadership team!
We're looking for an individual to take charge of our distribution logistics which includes tracking mask deliveries and becoming an Airtable guru. The days, times you work on this project is up to you, but should be done ideally 2+ times per week so that MNTN stays up to date with delivery. You will be working in coordination with the Kit Assembly Opportunity Lead. This opportunity is crafted to the specific person's availability, so if you are interested in this role please contact us so we can talk more about what it would look like for you specifically.
- Use Airtable to track mask shipments through TN.
- Ensure the Requests database is accurate and up to date.
- Work with another team member (virtually) to contact organizations about the status of their needs.
- Troubleshoot logistical issues
- Send call outs and confirmations to distribution volunteers and organizations for deliveries--act as a liaison
- Mail masks to other areas around TN as needed
- (Optional) Provide a covered area outside your home as a contactless drop of for masks and material donations from sewists and donors and/ or hold hours at our distribution headquarters.
- (Required) coordinate with the Kit Assembly Opportunity Lead to have them EITHER drop of sewing kits at your home OR stop by our distribution headquarters to pick up sewing kits to distribute to sewists.
- Ensure that the quantity, size, and paperwork of a sewing kit or sewn masks in a bag scheduled for delivery matches the delivery details.
- Lead the charge in logistical innovation
- Verify service hours for sewn mask exchange credit.
- Take photos of volunteers (with permission) and masks, giving them to the Communications Lead to use in social media, newsletters, or media outlets.
This work is critical to continue MNTN's ability to provide no-cost sewing materials, mask-delivery, and masks to sewists, individuals, and organizations around the state so that every volunteer who wants to help can help, and every person that needs a mask has one.
Key qualities for the volunteer taking on this position:
- Takes initiative and maintains consistent follow-through
- Collaborative and communicative team member
- Attention to detail and abstract problem-solving
- Experience with Airtable or similar spreadsheet a big plus
- Interest and patience in learning about Airtable
- Consistently double-checks work across multiple spreadsheets
- Dependability and consistency.
- Ability to organize complex tasks.
If you are interested, please express interest below and we will set up a time to talk with you further about the role. Time and schedule are flexible depending on your availability as are mask drop off and pick up options. While this can be made a primarily remote role, you will have some contact with surfaces that have been touched by others and may need to come into near or physical contact with 1-2 other individuals to coordinate mask/ material transfer. MNTN is flexible depending on how much contact you are comfortable with and are willing to minimize contact.
Our mission with MasksNOW TN is to enable everyone to wear a mask to save lives, improve our economy and restore our nation to caring greatness. Through our core values of service, collaboration, community, integrity, and empathy, we have organized to match volunteer sewists to ongoing needs in our communities, and we are working towards normalizing mask wearing in public through our public relations and social media outreach. We have brought together a diverse group of experts in healthcare, manufacturing, non-profit, volunteer coordination, politics, public relations, social media and technology to enable us to solve these unique challenges and have distributed over 21,000 masks to date.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: