Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Assist with a Shift at TGCR's Creative Reuse Center
Interested in the environment, art, or looking for a way to help promote reducing and reusing in the community?
The Turnip Green Creative Reuse Center is the heart of our organization! We have diverted over half of a million pounds of materials from the landfill that are then put on the shelves of our shop and into the hands of members of the community, artists, children, and other creatives to live their best second life!
When you assist with a Reuse Center shift, you help with the ever-changing needs of Turnip Green during our open hours. Typical tasks include deconstructing items to be used in new ways, assisting with the intake, sorting, and packaging of donations, and aisle maintenance.
Please check in at the front desk when you arrive. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes you can move around safely in. Bring a reusable water bottle. There is a restroom on-site.
Health and Safety protocols being taken at Turnip Green Creative Reuse:
- Staff/volunteers screened daily with a health questionnaire and contactless thermometer
- Masks required at all times.
- The Turnip Green team will modify our safety plan as needed based on updated guidelines from public officials and other health experts. Updates will be communicated via our website and social media.
Note: Half-shifts are available as well upon request. Please sign up and email the opportunity leader so we can note half-shift. We can provide volunteer opportunities for larger groups as well.
The TGCR shop closes at 6pm - all rides should be coordinated before shop closes.
In accordance with Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap for Reopening Nashville:
- Hands On Nashville recommends that unvaccinated individuals in the following groups avoid volunteering for in-person opportunities (due to elevated risk level): ages 65 and up, those with health conditions or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that projects may be canceled or rescheduled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: