Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Distribute food with MNPS/Second Harvest
Community Achieves has teamed up with Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN to provide food support to MNPS families. We are looking for volunteers to help staff these distribution events, and ensure our families are fed during the Covid19 crisis.
- Unload the delivery truck of food at each school site
- Assemble boxes
- Pack boxes with food items for families
- Load boxes into family cars
If this project interests you, please consider the Glencliff or Maplewood locations first, as they tend to have more traffic that the other locations.
- Hands On Nashville recommends that unvaccinated individuals in the following groups avoid volunteering for in-person opportunities (due to elevated risk level): ages 65 and up, those with health conditions or compromised immune systems, anyone who is feeling unwell (or who has been exposed to/is caring for someone who is sick or has a compromised immune system).
- Volunteers who attend projects should take recommended precautions, including maintaining distances between themselves and other people; practicing hand-washing and sanitation of spaces; wearing gloves, masks, and other protective gear; etc. As always, consult a medical professional should you begin to feel unwell at any point during or after a project.
If you decide not to attend a project, please log in to hon.org and remove yourself from the opportunity ahead of time so that another volunteer may have a chance to fill your slot. If you have any trouble with this, email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
Please be aware that projects may be canceled or rescheduled with short notice. Projects are subject to change depending on shifting guidelines and circumstances. We appreciate your understanding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: